社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行
主题 : Aliens may exist but contact would hurt humans: Hawking
arthur 离线
级别: 军区司令员

显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2010-04-26   
来源于 转帖 分类

Aliens may exist but contact would hurt humans: Hawking

I saw a little bit of the program last night.  It is purely fantasy.  I don't agree with Hawking on this.  I agree most likely alien exists.  The part I disagree is that I think it is more likely the civilization will destroy itself before they can reach another intelligent being.  --arthur

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100425/sc_afp/scienceastronomyextraterrestrialhawking

LONDON (AFP) – Aliens may exist but mankind should avoid contact with them as the consequences could be devastating, British scientist Stephen Hawking warned Sunday.

"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," said the astrophysicist in a new television series, according to British media reports.

The programmes depict an imagined universe featuring alien life forms in huge spaceships on the hunt for resources after draining their own planet dry.

"Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach," warned Hawking.

The doomsday scenario is suggested in the series "Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking" on the Discovery Channel, which began airing in the United States on Sunday.

On the probability of alien life existing, he says: "To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational.

"The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like."

Glowing squid-like creatures, herds of herbivores that can hang onto a cliff face and bright yellow predators that kill their prey with stinging tails are among the creatures that stalk the scientist's fantastical cosmos.

Mankind has already made a number of attempts to contact extraterrestrial civilisations.

In 2008, American space agency NASA beamed the Beatles song "Across the Universe" into deep space to send a message of peace to any alien that happens to be in the region of Polaris -- also known as the North Star -- in 2439.

But the history of humanity's efforts to contact aliens stretches back some years.

The US probes Pioneer 10 and 11 were launched in 1972 and 1973 bearing plaques of a naked man and woman and symbols seeking to convey the positions of the Earth and the Sun.

Voyager 1 and 2, launched in 1977, each carry a gold-plated copper phonogram disk with recordings of sounds and images on Earth.
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
垂涎三尺,非一日之馋。
intenseplum 离线
级别: 团长
显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2010-04-26   
The part I disagree is that I think it is more likely the civilization will destroy itself before they can reach another intelligent being. 
从地球人的角度,我同意。 地球玩完,不就是后年吗?两年时间不够用,抓不到外星人的活口。但人家外星人的本事会不会比咱大,在两年之内,占领地球,不得而知。然后又一想,地球的资源也快用完了,外星人也不傻,来这干嘛?我放心了。
arthur 离线

显示用户信息 
板凳  发表于: 2010-04-26   
如果把物质文明,高科技都用在征服和战争上,那么越发达就越接近毁灭。而毁灭文明比发现遥远的外星文明要容易的多。对人类也好对外星人也好,除非他们不想征服,那样的话我们也不用担心他们来我们地球了。
垂涎三尺,非一日之馋。
intenseplum 离线
级别: 团长
显示用户信息 
地板  发表于: 2010-04-27   
对对对,米国,伊朗,朝鲜都比较疯狂,也许那天谁动了哪根筋,按下了那发射核武器的按钮,大家对发,就都拉倒了。
username 离线
显示用户信息 
地下室  发表于: 2010-04-27   
我想如果ailen来了,人类是真的会拜拜了
arthur 离线

显示用户信息 
5楼  发表于: 2010-04-27   
引用
引用第3楼intenseplum于04-27-2010 00:37发表的  :
对对对,米国,伊朗,朝鲜都比较疯狂,也许那天谁动了哪根筋,按下了那发射核武器的按钮,大家对发,就都拉倒了。

中国绝对不比任何人落后。甚至会超过他们。

引用
引用第4楼username于04-27-2010 00:58发表的  :
我想如果ailen来了,人类是真的会拜拜了

我的意思是根本用不到等外星人,我们很快就会把自己干掉的。外星人应该也一样,还没到地球呢就把自己干掉了。所以我一点都不担心外星人。
垂涎三尺,非一日之馋。
username 离线
显示用户信息 
6楼  发表于: 2010-04-27   
引用
引用第5楼arthur于04-27-2010 09:55发表的  :

我的意思是根本用不到等外星人,我们很快就会把自己干掉的。外星人应该也一样,还没到地球呢就把自己干掉了。所以我一点都不担心外星人。

我只是觉得Hawking说得很文质彬彬而已,能够来到地球的外星人演化上一定是竞争性很强的。  而且你不知道那些外星人长什么样子,万一对方长得像蟑螂了,人类能够和蟑螂做朋友吗。  按照美洲大陆历史,我对人类信心不大。  重点是,对方是竞争性强然后科技又一定很强大的生物的时候,人类等着被屠宰吧。 而且是人类像猎物一样被外星人屠宰。  不好意思我为人阴暗且悲观,我非常不希望人类接触外星人。  虽然我是star trek的忠实粉丝,但按照我对演化论的解读,我知道那个series的世界只是一个理想化的世界。
arthur 离线

显示用户信息 
7楼  发表于: 2010-04-27   
引用
引用第6楼username于04-27-2010 10:17发表的  :

我只是觉得Hawking说得很文质彬彬而已,能够来到地球的外星人演化上一定是竞争性很强的。  而且你不知道那些外星人长什么样子,万一对方长得像蟑螂了,人类能够和蟑螂做朋友吗。  按照美洲大陆历史,我对人类信心不大。  重点是,对方是竞争性强然后科技又一定很强大的生物的时候,人类等着被屠宰吧。 而且是人类像猎物一样被外星人屠宰。  不好意思我为人阴暗且悲观,我非常不希望人类接触外星人。  虽然我是star trek的忠实粉丝,但按照我对演化论的解读,我知道那个series的世界只是一个理想化的世界。

You still not getting what I said.  For the last time let me explain myself again. :)

我一开始就说了:我不同意Hawking的猜测。因为我认为任何文明都无法能在自身的竞争下无限发展的,地球也好其他星球也好。而要到达其他有文明的星球基本上要科技的无限发展才有可能。
垂涎三尺,非一日之馋。
username 离线
显示用户信息 
8楼  发表于: 2010-04-27   
引用
引用第7楼arthur于04-27-2010 10:34发表的  :

You still not getting what I said.  For the last time let me explain myself again. :)

我一开始就说了:我不同意Hawking的猜测。因为我认为任何文明都无法能在自身的竞争下无限发展的,地球也好其他星球也好。而要到达其他有文明的星球基本上要科技的无限发展才有可能。

唔,这倒对哦
描述
快速回复

验证问题:
3 * 6 = ? 正确答案:18
按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交