登录注册
社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行
主题 : 【分享】about saving on long distance phone calls
ok5 离线
级别: VIP

显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2005-06-13   

【分享】about saving on long distance phone calls

If you want to save on long distanca calls, you can download a software in "skype.com" then, all you need is a head set to call any skype user in the world free of charge. I try that on the weekend with my friend in Hong Kong and was surprised the sound quality was very good.
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
小澜 离线
级别: 师长
显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2005-06-15   
是的,skype的voice over IP的技术非常好,音质比msn和yahoo强多了。新的版本又增加了语音留言和敲字的功能。
国内好像只有www.tom.com网上可以注册tom-skype.
衷心地祝愿你:健康,平安,快乐,幸福,和睦,美满,直到永远  

voipfans 离线
级别: 新兵蛋子
显示用户信息 
板凳  发表于: 2006-03-07   
引用
引用第0楼ok506-13-2005 05:29发表的“【分享】about saving on long distance phone calls”:
If you want to save on long distanca calls, you can download a software in "skype.com" then, all you need is a head set to call any skype user in the world free of charge. I try that on the weekend with my friend in Hong Kong and was surprised the sound quality was very good.

Yeah, Skype is great! I use it a lot to talk with my friends.
The other VoIP service I'm using is http://iTalkBB.com whose parent company is the VoIP provider of AT&T and MCI, etc.

What is great about iTalkBB? They give you a China number so your friends and family in China can dial that number directly to reach you without paying long distance toll.
I'm using their $24.99 plan and can have unlimited calls to more than 20 countries and friends can call me back unlimited too.

You don't need a computer to use iTalkBB but you do need Brandband (DSL or cable modem).   I used their promotion code:126510 to save $10 extra when signing up online http://iTalkBB.com/  ( Their first month free promotion is over, but they now give you 2 months if you select the annual plan, plus no activation fee.)

Please note that they may charge you early termination fee $29.99 if you cancel within 12 months after you try one month decide to keep their account. They will also refund the $29.99 activation fee if you decide to cancel within one month. Great progress for Chinese service in the US. It's not easy to offer real free try in Chinese community.

I know, everyone of us tries to save every penny.
[ 此贴被voipfans在03-28-2006 21:24重新编辑 ]
voipfans 离线
级别: 新兵蛋子
显示用户信息 
地板  发表于: 2006-03-07   
Some more tips to share for using iTalkBB:

1) Don't tell your friends your new iTalkBB US phone number before you decide to keep the service or want to transfer your current home phone to iTalkBB.
Cable Modem users can easily call SBC to cancel their basic phone account after the phone number is transfered to iTalkBB (it takes about 3 to 4 weeks to complete the transfer. Don't cancel SBC acount before the transfer is complete).

2)SBC DSL users may not find it easy to cancel the current phone account unless you have more than one line. Check with a SBC representative before you try to cancel.
An alternative is to ask them to set your current phone line to the lowest plan. The default phone plan with SBC is for unlimited local calls (about $10.50). If you ask to switch to limited plan charge by minutes, it would be about $5.5 a month.
Keep a second phone line for just receiving calls is a good idea.

3)Buy a UPS( uninterruptible power supply ) for your DSL/Cable modem and IP phone box if you want to use IP phone in case of power failure..

4)If you want to save your friends and family in China's local call charges, call them right back if you want to talk long. It is free unlimited to call China and Hong Kong(both landline and mobile), Taiwan (only landline) from your IP phone.
Remember, they charge you for Taiwan, UK and some other countries mobile phone while the calls to landlines are free. Don't get burnt by that. Althougt their rates are pretty/comparatively low to mobile phones in those area and countries, but if you think mistakenly all the calls are free and talk for hours... the bill would be big.

5)If you are a user yet, you can sign up at http://iTalkBB.com online with the promotion code:126510 to save extra $10 and get first month free ( it will be $24.99 if you choose the $24.99 plan). But don't call their toll free number to sign up. Otherwise, you will not get the extra credit, which is for online sign up only.
Of course, you can always to call their toll free number for their support service after you sign up online.

Let me know if you have other questions and I'll be glad to share with you all.

Happy calling.  
描述
快速回复

验证问题:
3 * 6 = ? 正确答案:18
按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交