登录注册
社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行
主题 : 愤青 - msg forwarded by a colleague
chat 离线
级别: VIP
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2008-09-19   

愤青 - msg forwarded by a colleague

Seeing a well known and loved bank's stock price collapse, one would feel sympathy. But not when I read Mack of Morgone Stanley complain about the short sellers. I nearly fell off my USD6,000 chair again. Doesn't he realise that Morgan Stanley borrow billions of stocks every day for lending to hedge funds and that his fat bonuses are propped by the proceeds of the huge stock lending fees that his firm makes?

Another Investment Banker thinking only about himself. So no surprise there, then.

Suddenly it has become clear that the people at the top know nothing. And as for so called financial journalists, this must be a very low day in the tarnished history of financial news reporting.

Rumors abounded yesterday that Bank of America who were bullied into paying silly money for that debt bucket shop Merrill Lynch and it may have made a big mistake. But is this in the newspapers? No. Rumors are they are looking to take out Morgan Stanley as it is a much better proposition. All this talk about the Chinese buying Morgan Stanley is tosh. Why would the US Government let one of its most iconic financial institutions fall into the hands of the enemy? Who is feeding these stories? Maybe I should ask Rob Peston of the BBC. He seems to have lots of inside information that he illegally broadcasts about. What about the market abuse re HBOS? And causing the run on Northern Rock?

Of course I and everyone else will soon be banned from having negative opinions. Rumors will result in 20 years hard labour and the media and press nationalised. It amazes me that the US government haven't banned blogging and bought Google.
评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

无聊

灌水
chat 离线
级别: VIP
显示用户信息 
沙发  发表于: 2008-09-19   
his comment on banning short-selling

Another momentous day goes by and the drug addicted markets are force fed grade 1 cocaine by the central bankers. As we have seen over the past few months, the high lasts a few days and the hang over many more. We also wake up to the startling news that shorting has been made illegal to some extent or other - no wonder State Street, that huge stock lender, has tanked.

This sort of market distortion is frankly hilarious. Did you know that you can make money on falling stocks using put options and futures? Are these hundreds of year old practices going to be banned too? Why not go the whole hog and ban derivatives and only allow pension funds to buy stocks and shares?
描述
快速回复

验证问题:
3 * 6 = ? 正确答案:18
按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交