级别: 师长
显示用户信息 
20楼  发表于: 2010-05-22   
xiaolu 好福气,给孩子找了个这么好的学校。
xiaolu 离线
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
21楼  发表于: 2010-05-22   
国内的学校老师得听校长的,校长听教育局的。 除了要抓成绩外(这个要求已经让很多老师精神极度紧张了),还得做很多教育局要求做的事情,比如老师需要参加赛课,要上公开课,要写教师成长故事,要在报刊上发表文章,要为汇演做准备。。。

而在美国就简单了。 老师不需要为学生的考试成绩睡不着觉,老师不为校长服务,而是反过来,校长为老师服务,同样地,教育局为学校和家长服务,而不是高高在上的管理者。

所以老师能心无旁骛地培养学生。

引用
引用第19楼快乐妈妈于05-22-2010 03:58发表的  :
真好!
希望xiaolu多给我们分享这些东西。
让我们开开眼界。
国内的真得好好学习人家的经验。
多让小孩独立思考。
xiaolu 离线
显示用户信息 
22楼  发表于: 2010-05-22   
谢谢君子。

是,我们很喜欢这个学校。 校长好,老师好,同学也非常出色。

我多说几句话啊。每个人,每个老师,每个学校都有优点, 我们要善于看到优点,并心存感激。 我儿子们小学五年上了三个学校,老师每年都不同,我觉得他们的老师都很好。 三个学校各有特色。我和他们的每个老师都沟通得很好,是好朋友。

引用
引用第20楼君子于05-22-2010 07:30发表的  :
xiaolu 好福气,给孩子找了个这么好的学校。
笨笨牛 离线
级别: 军长
显示用户信息 
23楼  发表于: 2010-05-23   
再贴,再贴呀
augustblue 离线
级别: 军区司令员
显示用户信息 
24楼  发表于: 2010-05-24   
引用
引用第17楼君子于05-21-2010 14:48发表的  :

那是私立学校吧?

人数和英国的公立差不多。

英国的私立小学一个班的人数在12,3左右,还有更少的。

公立的幼儿园我去参观,1岁到2岁按规定是一个老师带3-4个宝宝。
我的博客 http://blog.sina.com.cn/lemonblueheart

他的音乐 http://andy.futreal.com/
             http://www.myspace.com/andyfutreal
xiaolu 离线
显示用户信息 
25楼  发表于: 2010-05-25   
谢谢鼓励!我是觉得再贴下去大家会不会觉得太烦琐了。 他就是讲他读了一本又一本书后的心得。

引用
引用第23楼笨笨牛于05-23-2010 20:23发表的  :
再贴,再贴呀
xiaolu 离线
显示用户信息 
26楼  发表于: 2010-05-25   
我儿子班上有个伦敦过来的小姑娘,她在伦敦读私立小学。

引用
引用第24楼augustblue于05-24-2010 05:57发表的  :

人数和英国的公立差不多。

英国的私立小学一个班的人数在12,3左右,还有更少的。
xiaolu 离线
显示用户信息 
27楼  发表于: 2010-12-01   
从今天起继续更新,长期更新。

先贴他前两封信的英文原文。

清空我的评分动态本帖最近评分记录: 共1条评分记录
wenwendywen 支持度 +2 2010-12-02 -
隐藏评分记录
xiaolu 离线
显示用户信息 
28楼  发表于: 2010-12-01   
                                                                                                                                                                      9/17/2009
Dear Ms.Emma,

Right now, I am reading "Going Solo" by Roald Dahl.  It is anauto-biography, and is about when Roald Dahl served the RAF in World WarII. 

I just finished "Going Solo".  I wonder why Roald Dahl wanted to sign up for the RAF.  It would be cool flying around in a fighter planelike him but I don’t want to die or anything, so I wouldn’t. 

In the middle of the book, Roald crash-landed in Fouka, which gave him a brain fracture.  I would say that he was lucky he crash-landed because later on he had to go home because of all the big headaches he was having.  If he didn’t go home, he could have been shot down and killed, during the last three years of the war.

I like the ending when Roald Dahl went back home and “flew down the steps of the bus straight into the arms of the awaiting mother.”  I liked it because it was a very happy ending.

I also just finished a book called “Tiger”.  It is about five young monks who have each mastered a different animal’s kung fu style.  Each book in the series is named after the main character’s fighting style, like “Tiger”. 

There is a character in the book that I really dislike.  His name is Major Ying, who used to be Eagle, when he was the monks’ brother.  He is very ugly and hideous with his forked tongue, long claw-like fingernails, and scaly face.  And he betrayed the monks and now wants to find them and destroy them.  He is very untrustworthy.                                                               

Your student
                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Ben

9/21/2009
Dear Ben, 

I really enjoyed your letter.  The RAF is the oldest independent air forcein the world!  The RAF has a significant role in supporting the British military. 

You wrote that it would be cool to fly a plane, but you wouldn’t want to die.  Would you fly a commercial plane?

The ending to “Going Solo” by Roald Dahl does sound happy.  It’s always ablessing to make it home alive after fighting in a war!

In“Tiger” by Jeff Stone, you mentioned a character you really dislike: Major Ying.  He sounds evil!  What about the other 4 young monks?  Are any of them of good character?

Sincerely,                                      
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Ms. Emma
[ 此帖被xiaolu在12-01-2010 22:10重新编辑 ]
wenwendywen 威望 +3 2010-12-02 -
隐藏评分记录
wenwendywen 离线
显示用户信息 
29楼  发表于: 2010-12-02   
Strongly support!!!
感恩,平安,喜乐,惜福。。。
吉祥号码 离线
级别: 军区司令员
显示用户信息 
30楼  发表于: 2010-12-02   
谢谢xiaolu!这是最美的分享!
“可与言而不与之言,失人;不可与言而与之言,失言。智者不失人,亦不失言。”
xiaolu 离线
显示用户信息 
31楼  发表于: 2010-12-02   
9/22/2009
Dear Ms. Emma,

I would like to fly a commercial plane or any other plane as long as it wasn’t in a war.

Major Ying actually isn’t one of the five monks, so there are still five.  They are all good.  The main character in “Tiger”, Fu, is short-tempered but he is still good.

Right now I am reading “Air Raid! Pearl Harbor!”. It is about the Japanese air raid on Pearl Harbor in World War II, and the events that led to it.

So far, I have read to December 5, two days before the raid that stunned the world.

Admiral Yammamoto put Vice Admiral Nagumo in charge of sailing the ships toward Hawaii.  In Washington D.C., “Purple” (a machine that decodes Japanese code) discovered a message that was important to the Pearl Harbor Attack.  It wasn’t passed on to Admiral Kimmel or General Short in Hawaii.  I wish it had, that way Pearl Harbor would have defense and Japan wouldn’t have succeeded.

On December 7th, 1941, Nagumo sent the planes out.  They attacked Pearl Harbor, dropping bombs and shooting bullets at the ships and patrol planes.  It took five whole minutes for the officers to realize what had just happened.  I don’t think they expected Japan to attack Pearl Harbor, since Pearl Harbor was at least a thousand miles away from Japan Mainland.

Even though I don’t very much like Japan, I think the Japanese people are very brave, especially the ones attacking Pearl Harbor and later in the war.  They were suicide pilots who had the courage to dive the plane straight into their target and blow it up.

Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                                                                          Ben

9/24/2009
Dear Ben,

Your letter was well done.  You really make me think and that’s good!

What was the secret “Purple” message that was never received by the American Admiral and General?

I love how you noted that the Japanese were in fact every brave, especially the suicide pilots.  Those pilots willingly gave up their lives for their country.  When countries go to war, each side is convinced their way is the right way or their ideas are the right ideas.  If mankind could be tolerating, then there would be now wars.

How did the Americans recover from the surprise attack?

Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Ms. Emma
xiaolu 离线
显示用户信息 
32楼  发表于: 2010-12-02   
谢谢! 我今天很需要温暖的鼓励!

引用
引用第30楼吉祥号码于12-02-2010 18:45发表的  :
谢谢xiaolu!这是最美的分享!

xiaolu 离线
显示用户信息 
33楼  发表于: 2010-12-03   

9/29/2009
Dear Ms. Emma,

The secret message was a “Execute the winds” message. At the end of the Japanese weather report,there was an “East Wind, Rain”, which meant Japan had cut off relationships with USA, which meant they were planning an attack. At first the Americans didn’t react much, but after the first wave of Japanese bombers, everybody manned the guns and helped the injured.

Right now I am reading Oh Yikes! by Joy Masoff. It is about grossest and wackiest things in history.

One of the things I thought was funniest was on page 59. It was about a king in Norway in the 11thcentury who was angry at his subjects for trying to get rid of him. He was so angry he appointed his dog, Saur,to the throne. Saur was king for three years until he died.

I am also reading Swindle. It is about Griffin Bing and Ben trying to steal back a baseball card that Palomine had ripped them off for.

I like Griffin Bing, “The Man with the Plan”. He planned everything so perfectly. The first attempt failed, but Griffin got ready quickly. He rounded up classmates in school who had special talents, such as Mellisa and her knowledge of computing, Logan and his acting, Pitch with her climbing skills, and more.

Over the weekend, I read Beyond the Grave by Jude Watson and The Black Circle by Patrick Carman. They are the latest books in the 39 Clues Series. I’ve read all the books in the series so far,and I like Dan and Amy.

Dan and Amy are brave and are better than the others in the clue hunt. Unlike the others, they never betray anybody, or hurt anybody on purpose, even though they’ve been bombed,betrayed, tracked by GPS, and had things stolen right under their noses.

I don’t like the Holts. They overpower other clue hunters, and force them to hand over their clues. But they are unintelligent and always rely on their strength to do anything.

Your student,
                                                                                                                                                           Ben

***

10/05/2009

Dear Ben,

You have been doing quite a bit of reading in the past week.

Where did you get The Black Circle?It was just released a few months ago. I want to get it when it comes out in paperback.

Explain who the Madrigals are and how they fit in with the search for the 39clues. Does anyone know how Amy and Dan’s parents died?

I like how Amy and Dan work together. It reminds me of the reality TV show, The Amazing Race.

Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                             Ms.Emma

[ 此帖被xiaolu在12-03-2010 09:34重新编辑 ]
烟花 离线
级别: 连长
显示用户信息 
34楼  发表于: 2010-12-03   
让人无法不动容的母爱。太棒的妈妈!
我爱我家。
xiaolu 离线
显示用户信息 
35楼  发表于: 2010-12-04   
谢谢鼓励!

引用
引用第34楼烟花于12-03-2010 17:43发表的  :
让人无法不动容的母爱。太棒的妈妈!

xiaolu 离线
显示用户信息 
36楼  发表于: 2010-12-04   
10/6/2009
Dear Ms. Emma,

I got The Black Circle at library (I forgot which one. I think it was San Jose Public Library).  My mom had to request it since it wasn’t there yet. I think I was the first person to read that copy of the book.

The Madrigals are the most powerful and most feared branch of Cahills. I wonder why they aren’t shown on the Cahill Coat of Arms.  Everybody fears the Madrigals and tries to steer clear of them, but in Cairo, Egypt, in Beyond the Grave, the Ekat’s stronghold gets robbed by Madrigals.  Dan and Amy also think The Man in black, who has been following them since the beginning, is a Madrigal.  Dan and Amy’s parents died in a fire.

I am reading Monkey, by Jeff Stone, right now.  It is a sequel to Tiger, the first book.  It’s actually the same story, just from different points of view.

In this book, Fu finds out that the drunkard from the village, who had rescued him in the first book, might be his father.  Malao also finds out that Seh looks a lot like Tonglong, and Seh might be Tonglong’s son.

At the end of the book, Tsung and Ying fight each other until Tonglong, Ying’s Number-One-in-Command tells them to stop.  Both Ying and Tsung fall into unconsciousness, and Tonglong seizes his chance to take over Ying’s army.  I think Tonglong is helping the five monks, and he has waited a long time to have an opportunity to take over Ying’s command.

I am now reading Queste, by Angie Sage.  It is about a boy named Septimus Heap who gets sent on a Queste, but tries to find Nicko and Snorri, who were lost in time, hundreds of years ago, instead.

There is a character in the book, Ephaniah Grebe, who gets cursed and is, and will be forever, half-man-half-rat.  It must be very hard for him to live like that.  Especially since he can’t talk, and everybody screams when they see him.

Your Student,
Ben
10/13/2009
Dear Ben,

I enjoyed reading your observations of Beyond the Grave and Monkey.  I can tell you think deeply about your books!

I loved hearing how Angie Sage gets her ideas.  It must really help you better understand Queste knowing a little about her and where she grew up.

What is happening with Septimus’ quest to find his brother Nicko?  What is Nicko’s world like?

Angie Sage really gets into her character.  You mentioned the fate of Ephaniah Grebe.  Any other interesting ones?

Sincerely,
Ms. Emma
xiaolu 离线
显示用户信息 
37楼  发表于: 2010-12-05   
冰儿的读后感(五)
2009年10月13日

亲爱的爱玛老师,

我现在读到萨提姆斯, 杰娜和毕托到了佛里克斯庄园, 那是“所有时间的会聚点”。 他们希望能在那里找到尼可和斯诺。佛里克斯庄园的神奇之处在于:任何进入庄园的人就不在时间里了。 只有靠别人从庄园外边打开门,里边的人才能出去, 然后只能进入开门那个人所在的时间点。萨提姆斯, 杰娜和毕托希望尼可和斯诺还没有离开庄园, 否则将很难再找到他们。

我喜欢这本书的结尾:超级大巫师马夏把他们三人以及尼可和斯诺都从佛里克斯庄园救了出来, 他们回到家, 莎拉-希普见到了尼可。 他们都快乐无比。

书里还有其他有趣的人物,比如马林。 别人以前一直以为他就是萨提姆斯-希普, 但他现在什么都不是了。 马林进入黑色魔术圈,从他师傅多姆-丹尼尔那里偷走了双面戒指。 谁拥有这枚戒指将永生不死。但尽管人家不可能杀了他,马林却胆子很小,害怕很多事情。

现在我在读杰夫-斯通写的《蛇》。 这本书讲蛇,虎,蟒(蛇的父亲),山虎(虎的父亲),以及其他和尚和他们的父母们一起, 同鹰以及鹰的盟友战斗。

螳螂背叛了鹰,骗皇帝说是鹰害死了岳(皇帝的侄子)。 于是鹰失去了兵权(螳螂取代了鹰),被关在监狱里一直到死。我认为鹰罪有应得。

我现在在读安伦-祖罗写的《救难英雄》。 这本书记录的全都是真实发生过的,人们甘冒生命危险抢救别人的英勇事迹。

在“洪水和暴雨”这一章,彼得把他全家人从卡特里娜飓风中救了出来。 这件事让我想起2008年在中国四川发生的大地震。一个小男孩跳进正在到塌的楼房,把他的朋友们拉了出来。 他们全都活下来了。 中国人民给了他无尚的荣誉,让他参加了2008年奥运会开幕式.

我现在刚开始读《帕特里克的日记》,这是一本关于越南战争的书。

您的学生,

亲爱的冰,

你的信写得很有趣,信息量很大!你把你的想法准确表达出来了!

安伦-祖罗的《救难英雄》听上去是一本很鼓舞人心的书, 讲述了英勇的人们为救别人不惜牺牲自己的生命。我记得这个中国小男孩和他的英勇事迹。我在奥运开幕式上看到他了。

安伦-祖罗写了很多令人难以置信的真实故事。很多甚至是真实的鬼故事。你喜欢他的写作方式吗?你怎么描述他的写作方式?

真诚的,
爱玛老师
10/13/2009
Dear Ms. Emma,

I already read to the part about when Septimus, Jenna, and Beetle reach The House of Foryx, where All Time Do Meet, also where they hope Nicko and Snorri are. The way The House of Foryx works,is that anybody who enters it, is in no time at all. The only way out is when somebody else opens the door from outside. Then, you goout. But when you go out you enter thetime the person who is opening the door is in. Septimus, Jenna, and Beetle hope Nicko, and Snorri didn’t go outalready, otherwise it would be hard to find them.

I like the ending where Marcia Overstrand, the ExtraOrdinary Wizard rescue them from The House of Forys along with Nicko, and Snorri. Then they go home and Sarah Heap sees Hicko and they’re all very happy.

There are other interesting characters too, like Merrin Meredith. People used to think he was Septimus Heap,but now he was nobody. Merrin was into Darke Magyk and he stole the two-faced ring from Dom Daniel, his old master. Whoever has this ring will never die. But even though he is un-destructible,he isn’t brave and is scared of a lot of things.

Right now I am reading Snake, by Jeff Stone. It is about She, Fu, and the other monks joining with some of their parents, including Mong (She’s dad), Sanfu (Fu’s dad), and others, facing Ying and his allies together.

Tonglong had betrayed Ying and tricked the Emperor into thinking it was Ying’s fault that Yue, the Emperor’s nephew, died. His punishment was to be stripped of his army (Tonglong would take his place), and sit in jail until his flesh rots. I think Ying deserves his fate.

I am reading The Rescuers, by Allan Zullo. It is real people in real situations risking their lives to save others.

In“The Flood and the Fury”, how Peter saved his family and survived Hurricane Katrina, reminded me of a big earthquake in Si Chuan, China, in 2008. A small boy had jumped into an already collapsing building and pulled his friends out. They all survived. Chinese honored the boy and he appeared in the Opening Ceremony of the 2008 Olympics.

I just started The Journal of Patrick Seamus Flaherty, which is about Patrick in the Vietnam War.

Your student,
Ben
10/26/2009
Dear Ben,

Your letter was interesting to read and very informative! You really explained your thinking!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     The Rescuersby Allan Zullo sounds like an inspiring book recounting thestories of those who risked their lives for others. I remember the boy from China and hisstory. I did see him honored at theOlympics.

Allan Zullo has written many books about unbelievabletrue stories. Many of these books areabout true ghost stories. Do you like his style of writing? How would you describe it?

Sincerely,
Ms.Emma
[ 此帖被xiaolu在01-08-2014 21:28重新编辑 ]
wenwendywen 威望 +3 2010-12-06 -
隐藏评分记录
wenwendywen 离线
显示用户信息 
38楼  发表于: 2010-12-06   
谢谢xiaolu!这是最美的分享!
感恩,平安,喜乐,惜福。。。
xiaolu 离线
显示用户信息 
39楼  发表于: 2010-12-06   
亲爱的爱玛老师,

是的,我确实喜欢他的写作方式。他好像在面对面给你讲故事一样。他的书很容易读懂。我最喜欢他那本《世界上最愚蠢的盗贼》。

现在我在读《帕特里克的日记》。

这是本极其悲惨的书,里边有很多的死亡和受伤。两天之内,排里一半的士兵被北越军打死了。

罗特格回来了。他是帕特里克班里的老战友。当他被子弹射中两次后,每个人都以为他死了。现在大家放心了。

我无法相信两个月里能死那么多人。从帕特里克来到班里以来,班里只剩下四个人了(包括他),其他人不是死了,就是被送去了医院。

结尾非常悲伤。帕特里克曾呆过的地方被北越军队的火箭弹炸了。帕特里克最好的朋友死了。他的另一个朋友,教授,失去了双腿,眼睛也瞎了。帕特里克也受了重伤,被送回家。他非常伤心痛苦。

您的学生,

亲爱的冰,

越南战争1959年爆发,,1975年才结束!我们,和其他反对共产主义的国家, 跟越共和北越打仗。我们进入战争的目的是为了防止共产党侵占南越。

共有约六万名美国士兵死于越战,相当于我们市的总人口。 读到帕特里克的很多战友不是死亡就是受伤,我并不感到吃惊。很多战士只能坐轮椅回家,因为他们的双腿被锯掉了。还有的眼睛瞎了,或失去了听力。这些战士经历了很多极端恐怖和可怕的事,终身无法忘怀。

三百到四百万的越南人死于越战。美国士兵为了赢得胜利,一进入村庄就不加区分地疯狂扫射,无辜的百姓因此死亡。

帕特里克是自愿参军的还是被征兵的?大多数战士是被征兵进入军队,被迫去打仗。帕特里克认为美国进入越战帮助南越人民的做法是对的吗? 这里很多人不这样认为。

真诚的,
爱玛老师
10/26/2009
Dear Ms. Emma,

Yes, I do like his style of writing.  It’s written so that it actuallysounds like someone is telling the story in his own words. It isvery easy to understand his books.  My favorite book by him is TheWorld’s Dumbest Crooks.

Right now, I am reading The Journal of Patrick SeamusFlaherty.

The book is tragic with lots of deaths and injuries. About half hewhole platoon died against the NVA in two days.

Rotgut, one of the original guys in Patrick’s squad, just cameback.  Everybody had thoughthe was dead when he was shot two times.  Everybody was relieved.

I can’t believe how many people died in two months.  Only four of the squad members sincePatrick came (including Patrick) are still in thesquad.  The others areeither dead, or in the hospital.

The ending was really sad. The place where Patrick had been was bombed by NVArockets.  Patrick’s bestfriend Bebop died.  Anotherone of his friends, the Professor, lost both his legs, and he wasblinded.  Patrick had areally serious injury too, so they sent him home.  He was very sad.

Your student,
 Ben
11/2/2009
Dear Ben,

The Vietnam War was a military conflict that started in 1959 andended in 1975!  We, andother anti-communist countries, were fighting the Vietcong and theNorth Vietnamese.  Westarted fighting in this war to prevent the communist from takingover S. Vietnam.

About 60,000 US soldiers died.  That’s about the size of ourcity.  I was not surprisedto read that many of Patrick’s squad members were dead orinjured.  Many soldiers camehome in wheelchairs, with limbs amputated, blind, or without theirhearing.  These soldiers sawhorrible, horrible things that they could neverforget.

3-4 million Vietnamese died.  The U.S. soldiers went into villagesand just shot everyone (innocent people) while they were lookingfor the victory.

Did Patrick enlist (volunteer) in the waror was he drafted? Most people were drafted and forced to fight.  Did Patrickbelieve the United States was right to go in and help the S.Vietnamese people? Many people here did not.

Sincerely,
Ms. Emma
描述
快速回复

验证问题:
3 * 6 = ? 正确答案:18
按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交